Friday, August 28, 2015

Agenda 21: A Minor Plot Point

Agenda 21, pp. 95-98

All right, back to the dissection and...you know, my heart's not in this. Reading that thing about Glenn Beck basically stealing this woman's novel really took it out of me. Doing a project like this requires some degree of personal rancor that I think I just lost.

That night it was as though the Kodachrome had come alive.

Never mind, found it.

Chapter Fifteen is short, uninteresting and largely pointless, save one important part crammed into the last few paragraphs. Chapter Sixteen, on the other hand, is glorious. So I'm going to skim over what happens here in bullet point form so we can get to the good stuff. Ready?

1.) Jeremy is still a surly stereotype.

"What's lucky about stupid old eggs? I hate it here. I hate the energy bicycle. I hate going to work everyday. I want to go back to the Village."

2.) The government is still supposed to be scary and all-knowing.

"You didn't have the early morning awakening today, did you?"

I shook my head no...

...How did he know about my early-morning wakeups?...My hands were sweating and the metal sidebars were wet.

3.) The scary, all-knowing government continues to be riddled with incompetence.

There was John, from the Transport Team, on the other side of the fence, under a tree...

"...How did you get outside the fence? Away from the Transport Team?"

"Don't ask. I don't have time to explain that now."

4.) Oh, by the way...

"I promised I would find out about your baby. And I did...Her name is Elsa...My wife works at the Village. She knew your Mother, so she named your baby after her."

That may seem like just another awww moment, but it's actually going to become a very important plot point.

Next time: We have always been at war with Eastasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment